To quickly find your email settings in the panel, open the Manage Email page and look for the link in the upper right. Click the text to open the quick-access instructions for your email address:Incoming imap.dreamhost.com pop.dreamhost.com Outgoing smtp.dreamhost.com
To add an email account to Outlook 2016 or 2019 on Windows:
- Open Outlook 2016 or 2019 from your start menu.
- On the top left, click the ‘File’ tab.A popout menu appears allowing you to add an account:
- Click ‘Add Account‘.
- Enter your email address.
- Click the ‘Advanced’ link and check the box to set up the account manually.
- Click the ‘Connect‘ button.
- Choose POP or IMAP. IMAP is recommended.
- On the next page, you’ll need to enter your Incoming and Outgoing settings.
- Server — This is your DreamHost mail server name. The example above uses ‘imap.dreamhost.com’ for the incoming server. If you’d prefer a POP connection, you would use pop.dreamhost.com instead. The outgoing server is always ‘smtp.dreamhost.com’.Make sure you only enter your DreamHost mail servername. Do not use a subdomain such as mail.example.com. You may get an insecure warning if you use the wrong mail hostname.
- Port — If you chose IMAP, the secure port is 993. For outgoing ports, use 465 or 587.Port 465 with SSL is recommended, however some email clients are unable to use this port.If you are unable to use port 465, the next best option is port 587 using STARTTLS.
- Encryption — SSL/TLS.
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication — Check this box.
- Click the ‘Next‘ button.
- Enter your password and click ‘Connect‘.
- You will see a confirmation if it was successfully set up.